Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trunk Show Updates - Temple and Hester





My friends know - that on top of Hermes bags, Hermes scarves, and Lanvin.. I am addicted to Temple St Clair Jewelry. Everything she makes is stunningly beautiful. After I started to collect her pieces, I learned why. Temple loves Italian Rennaissance art - She loves Byzantine art - a lot of her Jewelry collections are inspired by the art-period I love.

So it was quite a day in early May - when Temple came to Seattle - and I got to spend hours trying her new collections.... Such a happy place filled with beautiful gems - oh the beautiful acquamarine, red spineli, deep blue tanzanite, mesmerizingly firing opal...... they are addictive - yes, they are my own drugs (or using my daughter's favorite line .... "my personal brand of heroin" ). I ended up taking another mortgage to buy a yet-another necklace... whey do I buy more - when I have only one short stubby neck... I don't know....

After feeling guilty spending $$ in recession.... I decided to stay away from my "drug" boutique. I really did - but when I decided to bring in some chocolates for my Parter-in-Crime to cheer her up... I stumbled into Hester's trunk show. Hester is actually two-person designer. 1/2 of Hester is Tasha Green - from our area (Bainbridge Island, to be exact....) and used to be an editor at Men's Vogue (which was the Loquacious' favorite magazine until it folded....). Like I said, I really did not mean to spend $$ - but again, I could not resist supporting a new designer from "grunge" Seattle - and of course, their shift dress was simple, beautiful, practical - and very affordable!!

So now I have no $$ in my account - I have to sell my MacBook Air...... because.......





No comments: