Friday, May 22, 2009

Facebook and Twitter




What do I have in common - with Nicolas Sarkozy, Silvio Berlusconi and Papa Raz - and millions of others? - Facebook.


I rarely write anything - but I have enough friends who keep me entertained everyday with updates and photos. I thought e-mail system has simplified and sterilized our lives - along with annual update letter (with desktop publishing software...). Now you don't even have to send anything to anybody in specific - just spill it out on Facebook and all your friends are "updated".


I am supposedly a "supporter" of Sarkozy and Berlusconi - and for just in case my friends wonder if I had a lobotomy - I will clarify here - that I am a fan of their wive's/women's fashion and I just like to see their women's on photos and videos. I hear that Sarkozy is upset that Berlusconi has more "supporters" on Facebook.


I also a fan of Papa Raz - just to check if he is still wearing Prada Sports shoes - or decided to upgrade to Bontoni.


Now I have decided to peak into the world of Twitters. I don't even know how to "update" myself - I just "follow" people. I can see my "friends" on my iPhone and read their updates. My very notable "friend" on Twitter is Karl Langerfeld (aka God, according to my Daughter). I hear that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a tweeter also.
I am constantly reminded these days - that I am surrounded by people who never used typewriters (let alone manual typewriters) - or used dial telephone.... I thought sending telex was cool back in the early 80's..... It certainly is more difficult to keep up with technologies - as you near AARP age....

No comments: